Slider

Camilla's Birth Story

Tuesday, August 1, 2017


For about five years we thought we were done having babies but something in our hearts told us we needed one more and I thank God everyday that we did!
Two weeks before my baby was born I went to my doctor, she told me that we were ready and it was just a matter of waiting, she said perhaps with the full moon baby was going to be born...it didn't happen. So I went for another checkup and my doctor decided it was best to induce me as we were already full term.
So I was scheduled for July 19th of 2017.

A week passed by and my baby was getting very comfortable because she was not coming to this world, not the full moon, not the spicy Takis, not walking, nothing! The night before I barely slept not just because of the anxiety or being nervous, but also because I already had a huge belly that I couldn't find any comfortable position to sleep. 

Finally the day came in Wednesday July 19th, 2017 at 5:00am we were at the Memorial Herman Hospital and it was a new hospital here in Cypress, TX. Having two kids already I thought I knew what to expect but it was different! Thankfully at that time my mother-in-law was visiting and she stayed home with my kids because I wanted them to rest, also that day was the last day of their VBS week and not much to see at the hospital's waiting room. 

At around 7:30am after we were there and did all the checkups, etc they induce me and the nurse said once you are ready for the epidural just let us know. Me being brave I wanted to wait until the pain kick in a bit because I was just feeling like the menstrual cramps. Then less than an hour later it went from pain 1 to pain 8 and I was asking for the epidural immediately, but if you know the anesthesiologists are not waiting outside your room to give you the epidural and they could not find him at all! The pain was getting stronger and stronger and no where to be found. I remember my nurse was trying to calm me down, telling me that he was going to come soon and holding my hand, but the pain was strong that I did not want her to touch me at all...poor lady I am so sorry! 
Then it was a miracle the anesthesiologist came and place the epidural and I thought yes! finally everything is going to be fine...wrong! For some reason the epidural was not working because I could still feel everything and even after he added some more. The pain was getting stronger instead of getting better!
My doctor came to the room to check me and she told me that I was fully dilated so it was time. I was not ready at all, I was screaming or talking in all caps but I was afraid because I could still feel everything. My doctor said "the only way that this pain is going away is to deliver your baby". So of course everything went super fast, they immediately call my husband as he was outside checking with my family. My doctor was telling me to push, I was trying to push but I was so weak already with the contractions being so hard. Then after 4-5 pushes the best moment happen,my baby came to this world! They clean her a bit and place her on my chest and she was so warm. At that time my body was shaking because all my energy went out the window and I could barely hold her, so my husband help me to keep her safe. 
I keep saying baby because at that time we didn't have a name! I don't know why it took so long for me to decide on one name. My husband kept looking all kinds of names! We were thinking Elyssa, Valentina, Karissa but nothing was working. We had a name before having our second son but unfortunately we had a miscarriage so we couldn't use it and we decided to give it to our baby in heaven. Some reason that name stuck with us and didn't want to use it, but when she was born we knew that our second baby would't mind and Camilla was the perfect name for her. 

So let me introduce you to my baby Camilla Elisabetta, she was born Wednesday July 19th, 2017 at 9:30am. 19.5 inches - 8lbs 9oz at Memorial Herman Hospital.






Isabella meeting her little sister for the first time
Isabella & Alessandro with gifts from their baby sister Camilla






No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan