Slider

Our visit to Magnolia Table

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

I remember back in the day we used to watch House Hunters with my husband but then Fixer Upper came by and it changed the whole idea of HGTV because it was a family show and now everyone wants shiplap and farm sinks on their houses. It was not too long that my daughter also join us, so as soon as we saw them building Magnolia Market at the Silos and then the Magnolia Table we knew we had to stop by, but unfortunately they don't open on Sundays so it took us a while to get there.

Finally summer came by and it was our opportunity for a family road trip. Before going to a place I like to inform myself to see what to expect, tips and suggestions and glad I did. So now I'm sharing our visit to the Magnolia Table. When you know what to expect you can enjoy better this place. 


On our way to Waco, TX I read the reviews that the waiting was long and I thought perhaps that was only when they recently opened or on a Saturday, but just in case we decided to stop first at the Magnolia Table. We got there at 11:00am and yes the waiting was two hours even on a Tuesday morning. You check in and you give your phone number so they can text you when the table is ready. While waiting you could drive and visit some of the antique shops on the same street. For us we decided to stay because we didn't want to loose our parking spot!


If you decide to wait here, there a few things you can do. First you can get a drink, like iced coffee, juice or the pastry of the day. They have a big shade area where you can relax and sip your drink while waiting. They also have a small play area but during the summer we all prefer the shade. 




You can also visit the Take Away + Market area, is a like a small shop to buy books, T-shirts, mugs, jams, etc. Then of course some more food and drinks to-go or if you have small kids get a small snack while waiting for your lunch!

You can also take lots of pictures, even family pictures because there is always someone nice to offer to take your family picture. I truly appreciate those people because is always me taking pictures of my kids.


Then finally it was time to have lunch and I love my kids for patiently waiting for two hours to have lunch. The place inside is gorgeous is like going inside one of the fixer upper houses because you can see all the little details from the floor, lamps, plants, frames and even the bathroom is cute!

Funny they have the option to seat in a community table where you can share a meal with strangers but is nice. You also have to option to have your own table. If you see on the pictures they have some leather pockets for you to place your electronics and enjoy a family meal. 

The food was either amazing or we were really hungry, but if my son (who is picky) devour the meal then you know is good. I really recommend the tater tots so yummy but I guess you can't go wrong with anything here. 




My husband and I were talking about this place and we agree that the food is delicious but is it worth waiting again for two hours? no is not, for us it was a one time thing to visit and get to know the place and glad we did! The food was great, the staff is amazing, everyone is so welcoming so yes please visit the Magnolia Table but knowing these things in advance you can come prepared. 



Thanks for stopping by, if you visit the Magnolia Table please share with us your experience. 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan