Slider

First Day of School 2018

Tuesday, August 28, 2018


The thing that I love the most of making this blog is that I can write special moments so my kids can read them later in life as many times I forget many things. I'm pretty sure a lot of moms can relate, is like with every pregnancy we loose a few neurons. Now as usual I'm being random! Getting back to the main subject "First Day of School 2018" Isabella is starting 6th grade and Alessandro 2nd grade. My baby girl Camilla is way too far to start school as she is only one year old.


I can't believe how time flies and as usual Facebook sent me a reminder of my daughter's first day of Kindergarten and I started crying! Thank you Facebook!!! Throughout the whole summer I was so ready for them to start school but then it hit me my first daughter is starting middle school.


First day of school was smooth, thankfully they are early risers so they woke up just in time with their own alarms. I'm the type of mom who tells them "Go back to sleep, is too early!" Is like they don't like to sleep when I'm the opposite I'm craving for a nap.
They are also old enough to make their own breakfast, please note they don't cook they just grab food like yogurt, granola bars, bagels, cereal, fruit and so. Hot breakfasts are for me to cook for them on the weekends. So all I had to do was prep their lunches and make sure they had a good hair.

Now the trick for them to be on time is that if they finish with their morning routine they get to watch their YouTube videos. So of course they did rush and finish on time and they got to watch their videos.


Our first day of school tradition...taking their picture! We started the school sign tradition when Alessandro was in preschool and Isabella on second grade. This was the first year that I took a picture of both of them together and I love it! I wonder what would happen when they are in high school, would they still let me take the picture?

So how was their day? They always say "It was good!" so I have to dig a bit more. Thankfully in their faces I see peace and a big smile so I know it was good. My son talked about a new friend he made, the new shade area and game on the playground, the fact that he has two teachers instead of one and that was pretty much it.
Whit my daughter I asked a zillion questions to make sure middle school was good, from lockers, teachers, friends, lunch and so much more that she patiently explained to me the process and that she likes it all, except that there are a lot more kids!

So hopefully all our mornings will continue like this and I just pray that their school year will be fun of new experiences, more knowledge and that they are always surrounded with good people that will take them to the right path in life.

If you wish to have a school sign for your kids here is my shop page: https://etsy.me/2CE5IEf

XOXO
Magaly

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan